Okay folks, you may recall a couple of weeks ago we mentioned our plan to run a toy drive to help raise donations for Yorkhill Children’s Charity. Well, with everything now in place, we’re excited to finally be able to give you guys the details of some of the many ways in which you can get involved;
– Firstly, Geek Retreat (63 Union Street, Glasgow) will be collecting donations of NEW child-suitable toys, books and comics for us to hand over to the hospital. So if you fancy donating something, simply buy whatever you fancy (Geek Retreat have some great items themselves, by the way!), then stop by the shop and let someone behind the counter know that you want to contribute to the BCP Yorkhill Toy Drive. Couldn’t be simpler! Oh, and if you’re stuck for ideas, please take a look at the wish list of goodies sent to us by the hospital. (But please remember to let us know if you buy anything from this list.)
– Secondly, Geek Retreat will be selling raffle tickets on our behalf for a massive prize draw which will take place at their Christmas Party to be held in-store on Sunday 22nd December. The tickets are priced at £1 each or £4 for a strip of five, with ALL proceeds being donated to Yorkhill Children’s Charity. And the prizes? Well, let’s just say we have some particularly mouth-watering goodies to give away (the details of which we’ll announce over the next two weeks) including some absolutely amazing signed comics from some of the world’s top comic creators!
– While the toys, books and comics to be given directly to the children will all have to be brand new for health and safety reasons, we’re still more than happy to accept donations of any second hand items. However, instead of being donated directly, they will be added to the collection of raffle prizes to be drawn at the Christmas Party on the 22nd.
– And finally, if all this toy buying and comic winning isn’t for you but you still feel like you want to contribute to this extremely worthy cause, Geek Retreat are happy to collect any cash donations on our behalf over the next two weeks, and Team BCP will be on hand at the Christmas Party on the 22nd with Yorkhill collection cans to accept whatever money you guys feel like giving.
So that’s how you can help us contribute to this worthy cause. And in case you’re unfamiliar with the work done by Yorkhill Children’s Charity, here’s a little background on just what they do;
Yorkhill Children’s Charity provides and supports excellence in paediatric, obstetric and neonatal healthcare enhancing the treatment, care and wellbeing of children and their families through The Royal Hospital for Sick Children at Yorkhill and other hospital and community based services both nationally and internationally.
From a broken arm to end of life care, from simple play activities to innovative medical equipment and ground breaking paediatric research, our driving passion is to fund initiatives that help to save or improve the life of a child and by association positively affect the lives of their family.
– Innovative medical equipment
– Improvements in child and family facilities
– Patient and family support
– Paediatric research and training
– Entertainment and fun activities for the children
Without public support from individuals, companies and trusts none of the support we offer would be possible, thank you.