While previous years have seen a bevvy of comic book celebrities throwing their support behind Free Comic Book Day, this year it’s the turn of Mark Hamill to encourage fans to celebrate the upcoming event on May 2nd.
While Mark is possibly best known for his role as Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars Trilogy, he’s also widely regarded as pretty much the Joker voice by virtue of his stint on Batman: The Animated Series, and is also set to return as The Trickster on CW’s The Flash series.
For those of you unfamiliar with Free Comic Book Day (the clue’s in the title, folks!), here are a few snippets of information…
– Over 2,300 comic shops are participating across the country and around the world
– Over 5.6 million comics will be given out for free
– There are 50 free titles available to choose from
– Comic shops also host special events for communities to take part in
– FCBD is a great opportunity for those who have never read a comic before to check them out for free
– FCBD is a family-friendly event as there are comics for readers of all ages available for free
– You can check out details on all fifty of the comics being released, including their covers, by CLICKING HERE.
So listen to the words of Mark, and make sure you pop down to your local comic shop on the 2nd of May to get involved and grab yourself some freebies!