While the footage itself hasn’t been released (yet?), some lucky attendees at this weekend’s Disney D23 Expo were treated to the first look at next year’s eagerly anticipated Captain America: Civil War.
Courtesy of comicbook.com, we have a roughrundown of what the sizzle reel contained.
* A scene showed Captain and America and The Falcon fighting crossbones, with Black Widow aiding in the background.
* Another scene revealed the Falcon’s pet falcon, Redwing.
* Another shot revealed Black Widow and Hawkeye fighting. Black Widow asks, “Are we still friends?” To which Hawkeye responds, “Depends on how hard you hit me.” This confirms that Black Widow and Hawkeye will be on opposing sides of Civil War’s conflict.
* A scene showed Bucky Barnes trapped in a cage.
* Another shot showed Black Panther in action for the first time, popping his claws out.
* A scene shows Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man being brought into Captain America’s faction. Star-struck, Ant-Man stammers, “I know you know a lot of super… people, so I wanted to say thinks for thanking of me. Thanks for thinking of me.”
* Tony Stark and Steve Rogers debate their opposing ideologies, with Stark saying, “Without boundaries, we’re no better than them.”
Fingers crossed we get some sort of official release in the near future, but for now rank your excitement level on a scale of 1-10 for this one?
Captain America: Civil War hits cinemas May 6, 2016.