Looking Ahead to Edinburgh Comic Con 2018
On the 14th and 15th of April, Edinburgh Comic Con is set to return for its fifth year, bring a host of talent from the world of comics, films and television to Scotland’s capital.As with the previous two years, the event will once again be held in the Edinburgh International Conference Centre on Morrison Street, with two massive halls packed to the rafters with all the geeky goodness you could possibly hope for.
Organiser James Lundy has done a solid job of carving out a unique niche for his annual event, mixing pure comic talent with stars from the big and small screen, while also including all manner of interesting side attractions (such as props, gaming areas, LEGO displays and pro wrestling from the Edinburgh-based Scottish School of Wrestling) to help pass the time during the two-day convention.
Here are the guests that have been confirmed so far:
– Fabian Nicieza (co-creator of Deadpool, New Mutants, X-Men, X-Force, Cable and Deadpool, etc.) – UK EXCLUSIVE
– Gary Erskine – (Frontlines: Requiem, The Unwritten, The Authority, Star Wars, The Massive, etc.)
– Andrea Tamme – (Rick and Morty, Adventure Time, Black Light: District 6) – UK EXCLUSIVE
– Fernando Dagnino – (Justice League: Generation Lost, Wonder Woman, Batman and the Outsiders, etc.)
– Robbi Rodriguez – (co-creator of Spider Gwen, FPB, Maintenance, Uncanny X-Force, New Mutants, etc.) –UK EXCLUSIVE
– Gainluca Gugliotta – (Secret Warriors, Klaws of the Panther, Mister Terrific, G.I. Joe, etc.)
– Mark Texeira – (Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Jonah Hex, etc.)
– Monty Nero – (Death Sentence, Amazing X-Men, Hulk, X-Men Gold, etc.)
– Ben Herrera – (Cable, X-Force/Cable, X-Man, Freex, etc.) – UK EXCLUSIVE
– Jorge Fornes – (Wolverine and the X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Doctor Strange, Guardians of Infinity, etc…) – UK EXCLUSIVE
– CAFU – (Avengers, Black Panther, Action Comics, Unity, etc.)
– Drake Tsui (SIN, Riot Games, etc.) – UK EXCLUSIVE
– Stefan Kapicic – (Colossus in Deadpool, Counterpart, 24, etc.)
– Rob Morgan – (Stranger Things, Daredevil, Luke Cage, The Punisher, Defenders, etc.) –UK EXCLUSIVE
– Daz Crawford – (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Blade II, God of War, etc.)
– Briana Venskus – (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Walking Dead, Supergirl, Outcast, Vampire Diaries, etc.) – UK EXCLUSIVE
– Dominic Keating – (Star Trek Enterprise, Heroes, Sons of Anarchy, Diablo III, etc.)
– Paul Amos – (Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, Lost Girl, Warehouse 13, Designated Survivor, etc.)
– Joshua Herdman (All the Harry Potter movies, Thunderpants, etc.)
One of the great things that ECC does every year is provide a wide array of prop displays – including vehicles – for attendees to pose and take pictures with. Unlike a lot of other events however, all prop and vehicle photos and activities are FREE, but attendees are welcome to support ECC’s charitable endeavours by making donations to the Edinburgh Children’s Hospital Charity courtesy of the many handy buckets dotted around the event.
For prop fans – particularly fans of Back to the Future – here’s what you can expect to see this April:
Rounding things out will be the annual ECC Cosplay Championship, with a massive grand prize of £500 being up for grabs and some of the best cosplayers in the UK making the trip to Edinburgh to show off their skills and hopefully take home the winnings.
CLICK HERE for the rules of the competition and details on how to apply.
At the end of the day, while there are definitely events that cater more to a purely comic-focused crowd, and some that focus on bigger-name TV and movie stars, there are few that manage to blend the two as effectively as Edinburgh Comic Con, making it an event we’re definitely planning on attending for the foreseeable future.
Oh, and if this is going to be your first time attending, make sure to check out our coverage of the 2017 event for a better idea of what to expect.
Edinburgh Comic Con 2018 will take place on the 14th and 15th of April. Tickets are available online via www.heroconventions.com, where you can also find more information about this year’s event.
We’ll hopefully see a lot of you there!
The writer of this piece was: Craig Neilson-Adams (aka Ceej)
Article Archive:Ceej Says
You can follow Ceej on Twitter
Comment On This Article