Hot on the heels of Generation Zero: Gods Among Us, in stores on Free Comic Book Day 2020, DC have revealed Generation One: Age of Mysteries, the first of five oversized prestige format one-shots, each detailing a different age in DC’s storied history.
Readers of Generation One: Age of Mysteries will witness first-hand major events from throughout the history of the DC universe as seen through the eyes of characters like Wonder Woman, Lucius Fox, Alfred Pennyworth, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), The Spectre (Jim Corrigan), Mister Terrific (Terry Sloane), and others.
The series of one-shots will also expose secrets from DC’s history, such as:
- What was the previously undocumented “big bang” of the Age of Mysteries?
- Which character truly ushers in the dawn of Super Heroes, inspiring all the rest?
- What was the real reason behind the Justice Society of America’s retirement?
- Which Golden Age hero will become history’s greatest villain?
- What contentious alliance kept the Wayne family dynasty alive after Thomas and Martha’s deaths?
- Who are the new, never-seen-before wildcards that will be instrumental in fashioning DC’s push to the future?
Generation One: Age of Mysteries is scripted by Andy Schmidt, with lead art by Doug Mahnke. Each of DC’s Generation one-shots will feature a cover by Jim Cheung and a variant cover by Gary Frank.
Generation Two: Age of the Metahuman, Generation Three: Age of Crisis, Generation Four: Age of Rebirth and Generation Five: Age of Tomorrow will follow monthly after Generation One: Age of Mysteries.
The five Generation issues will feature a who’s who of creative talent, with an overarching story by Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Jurgens, Andy Schmidt, Robert Venditti, and Joshua Williamson, illustrated by artists including Doug Mahnke, Bryan Hitch, Mikel Janín, Ivan Reis, David Marquez, and more.
The 48-page, prestige format Generation One: Age of Mysteries one-shot goes sale at comic book stores and participating online retailers on May 27th, 2020.