First Casting Announcements For Upcoming Netflix THE SANDMAN Series
After a painfully long wait, we finally have our first casting news from the eagerly anticipated Netflix adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s iconic comic book series, The Sandman.
In an announcement by Gaiman himself, it was revealed that Tom Sturridge (Dream), Gwendoline Christie (Lucifer), Vivienne Acheampong (Lucienne), Boyd Holbrook (The Corinthian), Charles Dance (Roderick Burgess), Asim Chaudhry (Abel) and Sanjeev Bhaskar (Cain) have been confirmed for the upcoming series, which is still to have a firm release date.
Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, Grey’s Anatomy) will serve as showrunner and executive producer alongside David S. Goyer (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Terminator: Dark Fate, Foundation) and Gaiman.
Speaking about the series, Gaiman said “For the last thirty-three years, the Sandman characters have breathed and walked around and talked in my head. I’m unbelievably happy that now, finally, they get to step out of my head and into reality. I can’t wait until the people out there get to see what we’ve been seeing as Dream and the rest of them take flesh, and the flesh belongs to some of the finest actors out there.”
He continued, adding “This is astonishing, and I’m so grateful to the actors and to all of The Sandman collaborators — Netflix, Warner Bros., DC, to Allan Heinberg and David Goyer, and the legions of crafters and geniuses on the show — for making the wildest of all my dreams into reality.”
The full list of roles and character descriptions can be found below.
- Tom Sturridge is Dream, Lord of Dreaming
- Gwendoline Christie is Lucifer, Ruler of Hell
- Vivienne Acheampong is Lucienne, chief librarian and trusted guardian of Dream’s realm
- Boyd Holbrook is The Corinthian, an escaped nightmare who wishes to taste all that the world has in store
- Charles Dance is Roderick Burgess, Charlatan, blackmailer and magician
- Asim Chaudry is Abel and Sanjeev Bhaskar is Cain, the first victim and the first predator, residents and loyal subjects of the Dream Realm
Notably absent is Death herself, who is still to be added to the cast, although keep your eyes glued to the Big Comic Page in the next few days as we’ll be throwing out a few suggestions for who we think would be a great fit for the role.
The writer of this piece was: Craig Neilson-Adams (aka Ceej)
Article Archive: Ceej Says
You can follow Ceej on Twitter
Comment On This Article