Hot on the heels of yesterday’s teaser image, Marvel Comics have announced the upcoming release of AMAZING FANTASY #1000, a giant-sized one-shot brought together by some of the industry’s most acclaimed creators to help celebrate the 60th Anniversary of Spider-Man’s creation.
Set for release this August, the collection of stories will explores the past and future of Amazing Spider-Man storytelling in tales that leave a profound impact on the Spider-Man mythos and showcase why Spidey is one of the most beloved heroes in history!
Here’s just some of what fans can expect from this landmark issue:
- Visionary writer Neil Gaiman’s grand return to the Marvel Universe
- Emmy Award winning creator behind “Veep” and “Avenue 5” Armando Ianucci’s Marvel Comics debut
- Spider-Man mastermind Dan Slott and superstar artist Jim Cheung team up to explore the enduring love between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson in a story set in the far future
- Acclaimed artist Michael Cho and novelist Anthony Falcone introduce a new Spider-Man villain
- Ho Che Anderson crafts a horror-fueled Spidey adventure that cuts to Peter Parker’s core
- Plus stories by Rainbow Rowell, Jonathan Hickman, and many more!
Keep your eyes peeled for more announcements about this blockbuster special, including more creators and what promises to be an onslaught of variant covers.